The purpose of the Excellence in the Workplace Award is to recognize a work or practice setting where nurses are employed and that promotes professional autonomy, control over nursing practice, and/or an enhanced work environment for nurses. Recipients of the Excellence in the Workplace Award may serve as models to other work settings and may be replicable in other departments in an organization or to other institutions.
Any work setting in Connecticut – an institution, agency, organization, department, unit, program or project -- where registered nurses are employed; that meets selection criteria; and that has resulted in positive outcomes for patient care and nursing practice.
- The work setting promotes professional autonomy, control over nursing practice and/or an enhanced work environment for nurses.
- The work setting may serve as a model to other institutions and may be replicable to other departments in the organization or to other institutions.
- The work setting supports/advances professional nursing practice in the workplace.
- The work setting addresses today's challenges/opportunities facing nurses in the workplace.
- The work setting shows evidence of creativity and innovation.
- The work setting shows evidence of positive outcomes on the nurses and/or patients in the organization.
- Award does not have to be given every year, but when candidate(s) is identified or recommended for recognition.
- More than one award may be given in a calendar year.
- CNA will issue an annual call for nominations.
- Nominations and supporting documentation are due by June 30th of each year. Those received after this date will be considered the next year.
- The nomination should address the selection criteria and include two letters of support. Any other awards, recognitions or commendations should be noted in the nomination.
- Recommendation of the Awards Committee will be sent to the Board for approval.
- The award is normally presented by CNA at its annual convention.
- If possible, nominations and documentation should be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org,"Subject: Awards".
- Nominations should be addressed to:
CNA Awards Committee
Connecticut Nurses' Association
1224 Mill St. Bldg B, Suite 223
East Berlin, CT 06023
- Each nomination must include the following:
- Identification of the nominator, title, address, telephone and email address.
- Identification of the award for which nomination is made and name and title of nominee if appropriate
- All nominations must be typed.
- All nominations become the property of the Connecticut Nurses' Association.
- CNA reserves the right to request further information related to a nomination.
- Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
- Nominators will be notified of the Committee's decision.