“Individual Educational Activity”
An “Individual Activity” is an individual, organization or part of an organization submitting an education activity for approval.
An approved program can:
- Award continuing nursing education (CNE) contact hours for your workshop/training.
- Present the approved program and award CNE contact hours, as many times as you’d like within a 2 year period of time.
- If during this period of time you make any changes (agenda, speakers, etc.) you are required to notify firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two types of Individual Activities that can be approved for a two year period:
- Live Activity are educational activities delivered in real time, whether in-person or web-based.
- Enduring Individual Activity are educational are non-live CNE activities. The learning experience by the nurse can take place at any time and in any place rather than only at one time or in one place.
- You will need a RN to act as your Lead Nurse Planner. (If you do not have one, please let us know, we can connect you to nurses that provide this service.) The Lead Nurse planner collaborates with the program to develop the application for the individual activity and ensure it meets nursing and learning outcome standards
- Complete and submit all components of the Individual Education Activity application as listed below and submit to email@example.com to begin a review process.
Note: Individual Activity Application must be:
- in one consecutively numbered document or pdf
- Typed pages. Handwritten documents will not be accepted
- “Retroactive Contact hours” are NOT authorized by CNA or ANCC for Approval of educational activity that has already taken place
- Pay the individual education activity application fee per the link below
YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE REVIEWED UNTIL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED. BE AWARE OF LATE FEES AND TIMELINES/ DEADLINES, APPLICATIONS MAY BE DECLINED A REVIEW.
- Once approved and program has been concluded, you are required to submit these forms: Summary Activity Report, Summative Evaluation, and Completed sign in sheets Please submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The non-refundable review fee must accompany the application.
One Contact Hour = 60 minutes of content
Note: if there are simultaneous sessions, each session is reviewed individually, and total hours of reviewed content is the required fee. For example, if you have a 1 hour keynote presentation followed by three, one hour breakout sessions, the total number of reviewed contact hours is 4.
6 weeks prior to the presentation date- submit Application & Payment
6 weeks to 3 weeks prior to the presentation date - Additional fee
- $60 per content hour for programs 0.5 – 10 content contact hours
- If over 10 content contact hours, please contact email@example.com to determine your reduced fee.
3 weeks or less prior to the presentation date, will not be reviewed and contact hours will not be provided
Overview of Individual Activity Application Requirements
Mandatory Forms (click on title to download document)
Additional Forms if Applicable, it’s required to REVIEW each form and complete if it is applicable (click on title to download document)