The CNA Media Award is given annually to representatives of the print and/or electronic media who has made notable contributions to the advancement of nursing in Connecticut. Media Awards recognize both the public media and nursing media that includes, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Print (published materials)
- Electronic (TV, radio, video, audio)
- Photography (published, displayed, printed, on video or on slides)
- Art (published, displayed, printed, on video or on slides)
- Nursing media – All nurses, nursing organizations, institutions, or other groups that produce and issue information for nurses and the nursing profession.
- Public media – Information on nursing issued through media channels of communication that service the public.
- Portrayal of a positive image of nursing.
- Subject matter presented in a clear, creative, and effective manner.
- Treatment of subject matter as it relates to nursing excellence, overall impact, effectiveness, clarity, imagination, and creativity.
- Focus is on the role of professional nursing, rather than just the personal role of an individual nurse
- Quality of the production, including the ability to gain and retain an audience, and the length, thoroughness and accuracy of the story
- Furtherance of the goals of the CNA and a heightened public awareness of nursing’s societal contributions.
- Award does not have to be given every year, but when candidate(s) is identified or recommended for recognition.
- More than one award may be given in a calendar year.
- CNA will issue an annual call for nominations.
- Nominations and supporting documentation are due by June30th of each year. Those received after this date will be considered the next year.
- The nomination should address the selection criteria.
- Recommendation of the Awards Committee will be sent to the Board for approval.
- The award is normally presented by CNA at its annual convention.
- If possible, nominations and documentation should be submitted electronically via email to email@example.com,"Subject: Awards".
- Nominations should be addressed to:
CNA Awards Committee
Connecticut Nurses' Association
1224 Mill St. Bldg B,
East Berlin, CT 06023
- Each nomination must include the following:
- Identification of the nominator, title, address, telephone and email address.
- Identification of the award for which nomination is made and name and title of nominee if appropriate
- All nominations must be typed.
- All nominations become the property of the Connecticut Nurses' Association.
- CNA reserves the right to request further information related to a nomination.
- Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
- Nominators will be notified of the Committee's decision.