There is growing consensus among the medical and scientific communities that protecting young children from toxic chemicals is an URGENT public health issue. For example, over the last 30 years, there has been:
- A 20% rise in children’s brain cancer and leukemia since the 1970’s,
- A rise in adult cancers – breast, testicular and prostate among them
- A dramatic rise in learning and behavioral disorders including a ten-fold increase in autism spectrum disorder over the last 15 years and ADHD affecting over 2 million children in the U.S.
- A rise in reproductive orders with 40% more women experiencing difficulty conceiving and maintaining a pregnancy in 2002 than they did in 1982.
- Significant rises in asthma, insulin-resistance and diabetes